You will require this consent and registration if you intend to conduct an offensive trade. The following are considered offensive trades:
- Waste processing operations;
- Abattoirs and slaughterhouses;
- Bone mills and bone manure depots;
- Fat rendering establishments;
- Fellmongeries and tanneries;
- Fish curing and canning establishments;
- Flock factories;
- Manure works;
- Storing, drying, or preserving bones, hides, hoofs or skins;
- Tripe-boiling establishments; and
- Boiling down meat, bones, blood, or offal.
You will also require this consent and registration if you intend to operate a receiving depot for laundry, dry cleaning or dye works. A laundry means any place where articles are laundered by commercial grade machinery.
A dry-cleaning establishment is a place where clothes or other articles are cleaned by use of solvents without using water, but does not include premises in which perchlorethylene or arklone is used as dry-cleaning fluid in a machine operating on a full cycle and fully enclosed basis.
A dye-works means a place where articles are commercially dyed.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.