You will require this permit if you already hold a liquor licence and intend to sell alcohol at a time or place that your existing licence would not ordinarily cover. The purposes for which an extended trading permit may be used include:
- selling liquor in a restaurant without meals
- alfresco dining outside or adjacent to a licensed premises
- clubs selling alcohol to members of another association
- selling alcohol with a meal in the dining area of a hotel, nightclub or producer's premises
- off-site deliveries or supply by a liquor store after hours
- extending the hours for an existing licensed premise
- extending the area for an existing licensed premise.
An extended trading permit for the sale or consumption of liquor on a road or footpath will not be issued unless the local council also consents to the application.
To apply, complete the Application for an Extended Trading Permit.
Please note that in some circumstances instead of applying for this permit you may be able to instead add or vary the conditions on your existing licence. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.