You will require this approval if you intend to conduct a business from home. Home occupation approvals exist to allow certain small volume trades or occupations to be practised in a residential environment while enabling the local council to maintain sufficient controls to ensure that minimal disturbance and nuisance are created.
Home occupation must take place on land or in a dwelling that you own. You must also:
- not employ a person who is not a family member or occupier of that land or dwelling
- not occupy more than 20 square metres
- not have a sign greater than 0.2 square metres
- not involve retail sale, display or hire goods
- not use essential services, such as water or power, to an extent greater than normal.
This document provides further information about applying for the Home Occupation Approval. To apply, complete the Home Occupation Approval.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.