Licence to Take Avian Fauna for Sale (Trapper's Licence) - Western Australia


You will require this licence if you intend to undertake bird trapping for sale and commercial gain. Your trapper's licence will specify the type and maximum number of birds you may take, the means by which you may trap them, and where and when you may operate.

This licence will not authorise you to take birds on a nature reserve. If you intend to take birds from public land you must obtain the written permission of the authority which controls or manages the land. If you intend to take birds from private land, you must have the written permission of the owner or occupier of the land. If you intend to clip the wings of wild avian fauna you will need to seek separate approval from the Agency.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility Requirements

Please consult with the Contact Officer for information on any eligibility requirements.


Up to 12 months.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount
Apply Application Sole Trader, Company, Partnership, Trust, Co-operative, Incorporated Association, Other $150.00

Administering agency

Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Parks and Wildlife Service

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Wildlife Licensing Section

Operating address: Technology Park, Western Precinct
17 Dick Perry Avenue
Kensington, Western Australia 6151
Mailing address: LOCKED BAG 30
Bentley DC, Western Australia 6983
Phone: 08 9219 9831
Website: Parks and Wildlife Service (Opens in new window)