You will require this licence if you intend to operate as a motor vehicle salesperson. A salesperson is someone who is employed or works on behalf of a dealer to buy or sell motor vehicles. A salesperson's licence is needed if you either:
- buy or sell vehicles
- complete sales contract documentation
- take a customer for a demonstration drive
- show vehicles to a customer
- survey or discuss customer needs.
You will not require a salesperson's licence if all you do is either:
- write up finance contracts
- sell after-care products
- arrange insurance
- record customers' details for the purpose of introducing a customer to a licensed salesperson.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.