You will require this licence if you intend to catch or take fish for commercial sale by:
- Barter; or
This licence covers marine, estuarine and freshwater fish or any of their parts and all other aquatic animal life. A licence will be issued stipulating the:
- Number of fish that may be taken;
- Waters where the fish may be taken;
- Times or periods when the licence is to have effect;
- Ways in which fish may be taken under the licence; or
- Species of fish that may be taken.
Please be aware that you may only sell fish to licensed fish dealers. Please use the contact details below to find out more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this licence you must:
- Submit your application to the authority;
- Have a conviction record check and not have been convicted or found guilty under a Territory law corresponding to this Act;
- Outline the methods and fishing gear that you propose to use to take fish;
- Outline the quantity of fish that you intend to take (catch limit);
- Outline where you propose to take fish;
- Outline what times of year you propose to take fish; and
- Ensure that your plan for fishing will not have a negative effect on the fishery you intend to take fish from.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
Commercial Fishing Licence - Please consult the Contact Officer for information on forms to be submitted.
Please lodge your application directly with the Agency.
Environment and Planning Directorate
Fisheries Act 2000 (Australian Capital Territory)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon