Our Security Responsibilities
We will ensure that:
- Encryption is used to protect the personal information you give us.
- Your data will be stored at a secure facility. Secure backups of data are performed to ensure it can be recovered in case of a disaster.
- All access to the system is logged. If any unauthorised behaviour should occur, this will assist us in identifying and resolving the issue.
Increasing Your Safety Online
Protecting your Computer
- Install and activate security software on your computer. Ensure your security software includes anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall and anti-spam filter.
- Run regular scans of your computer for viruses.
- Remember to update your security software to ensure you are always running the current version.
Other steps you should take to help protect your computer include:
- Check your Internet browser's security settings for ways to make your browsing more secure.
- Do not open email attachments if you do not know the sender.
- Only download files from reputable Internet sites.
- Be wary when exchanging files with colleagues or friends.
- Never click on hyperlinks in emails received from unknown sources.
Protecting your Password
- Never share your password with anyone.
- Never send your password via email.
- Make your password as strong as possible.
Further information, including practical tips on how to protect yourself against security scams and complete online transactions safely are available from the Stay Smart Online website.
Links to External Websites