The Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) helps business operators and people considering starting a business. ABLIS can identify relevant state, territory, local and Australian government licences, permits, approvals, regulations and codes of practice, allowing you to obtain detailed information and manage compliance obligations.
The ABLIS has been upgraded and the following outcomes have been achieved:
- A modern, user-centred and responsive user interface that can be accessed from common browsers and from a range of devices, including mobiles and tablets.
- Intuitive search functions enabling users to easily find their business activity and location to commence a search.
- A modern, flexible and accurate business intelligence and reporting capability.
- A feedback mechanism for users to give feedback on the ABLIS site.
- Using standard web service protocols, APIs have been developed and integrated with the ABLIS user interface to demonstrate end user functionality.
These APIs have been developed to enable ABLIS search functionality which provides users with refined lists of government compliance and advisory information relevant to their business type, location and their answers to questions. The APIs have been developed to cater for searches encompassing:
- all types of business activities,
- all locations in Australia, and
- all questions and answers.
ABLIS is a national service delivered by a partnership of Australian, State and Territory Governments:
Department of Industry, Innovation and ScienceIndustry House
10 Binara St
Canberra ACT 2601
Australian Capital Territory
Innovation, Trade and Investment | Access Canberra
New South Wales
NSW Fair Trading
Territory Business CentreGround Floor
76 The Esplanade
Darwin NT 0800
Department of Tourism, Major Events, Small Business and the Commonwealth Games
Department of State Development
- 1800 188 018 (freecall)
- http://www.statedevelopment.sa.gov.au/industry/ smallbusiness
Business Victoria121 Exhibition Street
Melbourne VIC 3000