Approval for Proposal of Casino Lease - Australian Capital Territory

Service summary

You will require this approval if you are an owner of a licensed casino and you intend to lease the casino to someone else. If your lease is approved, any subsequent changes to the agreement must also be submitted for approval.

Please use the contact details below to find out more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this approval you must apply in writing and supply details of the proposed lease accompanied with the contract details of the lease. The relevant Authority must also be satisfied that the proposed lessee is a corporation. Other details such as financial standing, relevant managerial experience and business reputation of the proposed lessee may also be required.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


As specified on the approval.





Application for Approval for Proposal of Casino Lease - Please consult the Contact Officer for information on forms to be submitted.

Administering agency

ACT Gambling and Racing Commission

Act(s) name

Casino Control Act 2006 (Australian Capital Territory)

Contact details

Enquiries, Licensing and Regulation
ACT Gambling and Racing Commission

Mailing address:
ACT Gambling & Racing Commission
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory 2601


02 62070359


02 62077372


ACT Gambling and Racing Commission Opens in a new browser window


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.