You will require this licence if you intend to carry on a business as a motor vehicle repairer and undertake any of the following work for reward on a motor vehicle, motor vehicle part or motor vehicle system:
- Examining or assessing condition or performance improvement;
- Diagnosing and detecting of faults;
- Dismantling and assembling;
- Servicing and maintenance;
- Replacing and adjusting of objects for performance improvement;
- Painting and treatment;
- Modifying, altering, installing or fitting work; or
- Giving advice on any of the work mentioned above.
Please use the contact details below to find out more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this licence you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Not be a disqualified person, this applies for all partners in a partnership and directors of a corporation;
- Comply with other requirements the licence is subject to;
- Completed the required application form; and
- Pay the relevant fees.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
This licence is issued for a period up to 3 years.
Fees are listed on the attached document.
Up to 60 days.
Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate
Fair Trading (Motor Vehicle Repair Industry) Act 2010 (Australian Capital Territory)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon