You will require this licence if you intend to work in certain areas of a casino. Employees will require a licence if they work in a position involving:
- The conduct of gaming;
- Cash desk operations;
- Security and surveillance duties;
- The operation, maintenance, construction or repair of gaming equipment; or
- Roles of management or supervision.
If you apply for a full term casino licence, you may be issued with a short term (interim) licence until a criminal history check has been received by the Agency and your application is approved. A short term licence is valid for six months after issue.
Please use the contact details below to find out more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this licence you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Be permitted to work in Australia;
- Be employed or have been offered employment by Casino Canberra; and
- Have no disqualifying grounds.
Disqualifying grounds include, if in the past 5 years, you:
- Have been convicted or found guilty of an offence involving fraud or dishonesty, against a law about gaming, or punishable by imprisonment of 1 year;
- Are or were an undischarged bankrupt or had executed a personal insolvency agreement; or
- Were involved in the management of a corporation when it became the subject of a winding-up order or a controller or administrator was appointed.
The Agency will conduct inquiries into your background including your criminal and financial history, in order to assess your suitability to hold a licence.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
A casino employee licence is vaild for three years.
Licence expires three years from date of issue.
| ||Type||Business structure||Amount
Casino Employee Licence - Please consult the Contact Officer for information on the forms to be submitted and the application process.
You will be required to provide the following with your application:
- Full birth certificate (an extract will not be accepted);
- A current passport (if held);
- Your driver's licence (if held) or one other form of substantial identification;
- Marriage certificate (if applicable);
- If you were born overseas, your Australian Citizenship, permanent residency certificate, or valid visa permitting you to live and / or work in Australia;
- A recent personal credit report;
- Four identical passport sized colour photographs (one endorsed by a Justice of the Peace); and
- The application fee.
Please lodge your application directly with the Agency.
ACT Gambling and Racing Commission
Casino Control Act 2006 (Australian Capital Territory)
Casino Control Regulation 2006 (Australian Capital Territory)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon