You will be required to apply for this approval if you intend to erect a structure, or require vehicle access on National Land within Canberra.
This approval is required for erecting:
- Tents, marquees or sun shelters;
- Vehicle access;
- Temporary sheds;
- Jumping castles or amusement rides;
- Platforms or stages;
- Scaffolding and / or towers for cameras or sound systems;
- Signage, flags or banners;
- Portable toilets; and / or
- Pickets, stakes or fences.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this approval you must:
- Submit an application form;
- Provide evidence of appropriate public liability insurance;
- A copy of your approved ACT Government Application to Use a Public Place form, if required for the location;
- Provide a map showing the structures and / or vehicle placement on the site; and
- Pay the required fee.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
As specified on your approval.
National Capital Authority
Australian Capital Territory (Planning and Land Management) Act 1988 (Australian Government)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon