Extinguishing Agent Trainee Licence - Australian Government

Service summary

You will require this licence if you intend to install, service or maintain gaseous fire suppression systems or portable extinguishers and do not have the requisite experience or qualifications to hold an Extinguishing Agent Handling Licence (EAHL). Until you are appropriately experienced or qualified your work must be supervised by someone that is.

This licence will allow you to gain the experience necessary to transition to a full EAHL.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

There are no requirements to receive this licence, however you must be supervised at all times by someone that holds a full EAHL and licence conditions apply.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


12 months.



Administering agency

Fire Protection Association Australia

Act(s) name

Ozone Protection and Synthetic Greenhouse Gas Management Act 1989 (Australian Government)

Regulation(s) name

Ozone Protection and Synthetic Greenhouse Gas Management Regulations 1995 (Australian Government)

Contact details

Ozone and Greenhouse Section
Fire Protection Association Australia

Operating address:
Building 2, 31-47
31-47 Joseph Street
Blackburn North
Victoria 3130
Mailing address:
PO Box 1049
Box Hill
Victoria 3128


03 88923131


03 88923132

Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.