You will require this registration if you operate as an individual or company intending to provide assurance and audit services.
Auditing and assurance services play an important role in maintaining investor confidence. This is achieved by requiring that auditors make an independent, true and fair assessment of the financial health of a company. To ensure this occurs there is a threshold that must be met before an auditor can be registered.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this registration, your company must meet the following conditions:
- The company number be registered and not under external administration;
- None of the directors have been disqualified from managing a company, suspended as an auditor or liquidator, or subject to disciplinary proceedings;
- All shares in the company are held and beneficially owned by an individual or the legal representatives of an individual;
- The majority of the votes that may be cast at the annual general meeting of the company are attached to shares that are held and beneficially owned by individuals who are registered company auditors; and
- The company holds professional indemnity insurance as required by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission.
Information on the documents you are required to submit can be found on the application form.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
Ongoing registration until cancelled.
Individual: Online application: $173, paper Application: $382
Further fees may apply, please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.
Company: Online application: $312, paper application: $625
Australian Securities and Investments Commission
Investors and Financial Consumers
Corporations Act 2001 (Australian Government)
Corporations Regulations 2001 (Australian Government)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon