Fish Receiver Permit - Australian Government

Service summary

You will require this permit if you intend to act as a fish processor, wholesaler or retailer of fish sourced from particular Commonwealth fisheries.

The requirement for a permit varies according to the fishery. Currently, a fish receiver permit is required for fish received from the following fisheries:

  • Southern Bluefin Tuna Fishery
  • Coral Sea Fishery
  • Bass Strait Central Zone Scallop Fishery
  • Southern Squid Jig Fishery
  • Southern and Eastern Scalefish and Shark Fishery
  • Eastern Tuna and Billfish Fishery
  • Western Tuna and Billfish Fishery
  • Small Pelagic Fishery


  • South Tasman Rise.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please note that in order to receive southern Bluefin tuna, you will be required to be registered with the Agency.

Please consult with the Contact Officer for information on any eligibility requirements.


12 months.



Administering agency

Australian Fisheries Management Authority

Act(s) name

Fisheries Management Act 1991 (Australian Government)

Regulation(s) name

Fisheries Management Regulations 1992 (Australian Government)

Contact details

Australian Fisheries Management Authority

Mailing address:
PO BOX 7051
Canberra BC, Australian Capital Territory 2610




02 62255328


02 62255439

Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.