An Advanced Tradesman licence allows you to carry out plumbing/draining work in the NT, supervise Journeymen and apprentices and contract for work.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
Applicants may apply for a licence:
1. Under Mutual Recognition if they have a current interstate or NZ licence; or
2. By upgrading from NT Journeyman Registration (requires 10 advanced subjects and 2 years post-trade experience gained while holding a Journeyman Registration).
credit card, cheque, cash.
1. Journeyman Registration, plus completion of 10 Cert IV competencies, plus two years post-trade work experience gained while holding a Journeyman registration; or
2. Current interstate licence, plus evidence of access to ASNZ3500.
- Two character references and a photograph; and
- Certificate of completion for ten competencies
Plumbers & Drainers Licensing Board
Mutual Recognition (Northern Territory) Act 1992 (Northern Territory)
Plumbers & Drainers Licensing Act 1983 (Northern Territory)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon