Entertainment venue or event licence (Logan) - Queensland

Service summary

An entertainment event requires this approval, however it is not required for events organised by a school, church, charity or subject to a lease or tenancy agreement with council.

Temporary events in a council park require approval from council's Parks Branch.

Entertainment venues do not require a local law licence however, planning approval may be required.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Definition of terms

Temporary indoor entertainment

a carnival, show, exposition, concert, festival, fete, activities conducted at a temporary place of worship, or a market.

Temporary outdoor entertainment

a circus, carnival, show, exposition, concert, festival, fete, jamboree and fireworks.

Eligibility requirements

  • Prior to submitting your application you should ensure the site has relevant development approval to prevent the application being delayed.
  • Plumbing approval may also be required for any new plumbing works carried out on site.
  • Building approval may also be required for any new building works carried out on site.
  • Contact the Water Business Branch of council to ascertain whether a permit to discharge trade waste to sewer is required.


The licence will be issued for the duration of the event applied for.


All fees are listed on the application form.


You can obtain this licence by completing and submitting a Local Law Licence Application New Licence/Amendment/Transfer
Markets & Events, with the required fees to council.

You must submit the following documents with the application:

  • A site plan (1:100 scale) indicating location of the building(s), tenancy subject to the application, car parking, landscaped areas, external toilets and vehicle access
  • A floor plan (1:50 scale) indicating event layout, including exits, seating areas and all facilities, the location of sanitary facilities and their type
  • A current certificate of compliance issued by the Queensland Fire and Rescue Service
  • Written consent of the owner of the premises (if applicant is not the owner)
  • An event management plan
  • A noise management plan
  • A waste management plan.

Application forms and information kits are available on council's website.

Additional information

Pre-lodgement meetings: council provides a pre-lodgement meeting service.

To establish the viability of purchasing a business, it is strongly recommended that the potential purchaser apply for a Non-Residential Property Information. This search may provide the potential purchaser with either a database report or inspection of the business for legal compliance pursuant to the relevant legislaiton.

Local Government Toolbox is an initiative of South East Queensland Councils providing standardised information on a number of permits, licences, approvals and registrations. This information is available by following the links on the council's website.

Administering agency

Logan City Council

Local law(s) name

Logan City Council - Subordinate Local Law 9.8 (Events) 1999

Local Law 9 (Licensing) 1999

Contact details

Logan City Council

Operating address:
150 Wembley Road
Logan Central, Queensland 4114
Mailing address:
PO Box 3226
Logan City DC, Queensland 4114


07 3412 3412


07 3412 3444


Logan City Council Opens in a new browser window

Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.