Home occupation licence (Logan) - Queensland

Service summary

If you plan to conduct a home based business/occupation in the council area, you may need to meet specific requirements.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

All home based businesses must comply with council policy.


You will be sent a notice prior to the expiration of your current approval that will require your immediate attention.


Contact council to determine applicable fees.

Other resources


A self-assessable office home based business does not need to be licensed. All other home businesses are required to obtain a licence under Local Law No. 9 (Licensing). Contact council for further information.

Additional information

Visit the council website and peruse the information for starting a new business.

Non residential property search:
It is strongly recommended that you, as the potential purchaser, apply for non-residential property information to establish the viability of purchasing this type of business. A search will provide the potential purchaser with a report on its legal compliance.

Pre-lodgement meetings: council provides a pre-lodgement meeting service.

Administering agency

Logan City Council

Contact details

Logan City Council

Operating address:
150 Wembley Road
Logan Central, Queensland 4114
Mailing address:
PO Box 3226
Logan City DC, Queensland 4114


07 3412 3412


07 3412 3444


Logan City Council Opens in a new browser window

Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.