You will require this registration if you intend to use the title architect and offer any of the following types of services:
- strategic and land-use planning
- urban design
- provision of preliminary studies, design, models, drawings, specifications and technical documentation
- coordination of technical documentation prepared by others as appropriate and without limitation (consulting engineers, landscape architects and other specialist consultants)
- construction economics
- contract administration
- monitoring of construction and project management.
This registration allows you to become
accredited as a building services provider under the Occupational Licensing Act.
You will require accreditation under the Occupational Licensing Act as a building
services provider if the building project costs $20 000 or more.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this registration you must:
- have a recognised academic qualification architecture or a pass in the National Program of Assessment (NPrA)
- have passed any other required oral or written examinations set by the Board
- have completed at least 2 years of practical experience, one of which must be after passing examinations by the Board
- provide any evidence that the Board requires
- pay any required fees.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
Please lodge your application directly with the Agency.
Board of Architects of Tasmania
Architects Act 1929 (Tasmania)
Architects Regulations 2008 (Tasmania)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon