You will require this licence if you intend to provide any of the following to the holder of a Tasmanian Gaming Licence:
- Manufacture, sell or supply gaming machines or other gaming equipment including casino equipment, cards or minor gaming products.
- Provide repairs, servicing, maintenance, or testing services for gaming equipment.
Gaming equipment includes any electronic, electrical or mechanical devices that are used for gaming or gambling activities.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this licence, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Undergo a probity investigation;
- Supply four recent passport photographs signed by an acceptable witness and sufficient identification signed by an acceptable witness;
- Be willing and able to comply with the industry's skills, Codes of Practice and guidelines expectations;
- Complete the necessary associated forms;
- Hold appropriate current professional indemnity insurance; and
- Pay any required fees.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.
Department of Treasury and Finance
Tasmanian Liquor and Gaming Commission
Gaming Control Act 1993 (Tasmania)
Gaming Control Regulations 2014 (Tasmania)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon