You will require this certification if you intend to undertake any forest practice on any land. A forest practice is considered to be any of the following:
- Harvesting and regenerating native forest;
- Harvesting and / or establishing plantations;
- Clearing forests for other purposes, including agriculture;
- Clearing and converting threatened native vegetation communities;
- Constructing roads and quarries for the above purposes; or
- Harvesting tree ferns.
A forest practices plan contains the following information:
- Specifications of forest practices to be carried out;
- Plan for restocking the land with trees;
- If harvesting tree ferns: the name of harvester, the number of ferns and the period of time for harvesting;
- If clearing land: the identity, number and location of any threatened vegetation species and a removal plan;
- If harvesting timber: the name of the timber processor; and
- The period that forest practices will be carried out.
Please note, you will be required to lodge a certificate of compliance with the Authority within 30 days of completing an operation as is prescribed within your Forest Practices Plan.
The certificate of compliance must be completed by an Authority officer and must be lodged by the person to whom the Forest Practices Plan applies. The Authority officer will assess whether the provisions within the Forest Practices Plan have been complied with and will take any action as deemed necessary within the boundaries of the Act.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
Please consult with the Contact Officer for information on any eligibility requirements.
As specified on the plan.
Fees vary depending on individual circumstances. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
Certificate of Compliance Form - PDF
Application for Certification of a Forest Practices Plan - Please consult the Contact Officer for information on this form to be submitted.
Department of State Growth
Transport, Regulatory and Customer Services
Forest Practices Act 1985 (Tasmania)
Forest Practices Regulations 2007 (Tasmania)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon