Certificate of Completion - Plumbing Work - Tasmania

Service summary

New Tasmanian building laws have come into effect from the 1 January 2017. These laws will update requirements for building and plumbing work. This record will be updated to reflect the new building laws in early January.

You will require this certificate when your plumbing and drainage work has been completed to demonstrate that the work complies with the requirements of relevant legislation.

Prior to obtaining your Certificate of Completion you may be required to supply the Authority with a Certificate of Compliance (Plumbing). This compliance document is prepared by a plumber and certifies that the plumbing work undertaken complies with legislative requirements.

Please consult the Contact Officer for further information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this certificate your application must be:

  • In the approved form;
  • Be submitted with the required fees; and
  • Accompanied by the required documents.

Please consult directly with the Contact Officer for further information on any eligibility requirements specific to your approval.



Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.

Administering agency

Dorset Council

Act(s) name

Building Act 2000 (Tasmania)

Contact details

Building Surveyor
Dorset Council

Operating address:
3 Ellenor Street
TAS 7260
Mailing address:
Scottsdale, Tasmania 7260


03 6352 6529

Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.