You will require this licence if you intend to operate as a real estate agent whose activities include but are not limited to:
- selling, buying, exchanging, leasing or otherwise dealing with, or disposing of, property or businesses
- collecting rents for property that is leased or let
- managing property that is leased or let.
Real estate agents can apply to be listed on the register as the person conducting the business, be it sole trader or company, or you may apply as a person not conducting a business in their name.
Please note that if you intend to employ either assistant property managers or property representatives, these appointments must be approved by the Board and potential employees must meet all eligibility and qualification requirements.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this licence you must:
- hold a Diploma of Property awarded by a registered training organisation, or another qualification the Board is satisfied is substantially equivalent
- have had two years full-time experience as a property manager or property representative during the previous five years immediately preceding your application
- be considered by the Agency to be a fit and proper person of good reputation, both generally and financially
- be prepared to undergo continuing education as specified by the Board
- pay the relevant application fees.
The Board may request further evidence to prove that you are qualified to be licensed or are a fit and proper person.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
Expires on 31 December.
|Apply||Application||$139.25||Licence assessment fee.
Real estate agent carrying on a business (Part 1, Division 1 of the register).
Real estate agent (Part 1, Division 2 of the register).
Your application must be in an approved form, showing an understanding of the necessary compliance with current legislation, training, and record-keeping requirements and be accompanied by any specified documentation as well as the required fees.
Property Agents and Land Transactions Act 2016 (Tasmania)
Property Agents and Land Transactions Regulations 2017 (Tasmania)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon