You will require this licence if you intend to operate or construct a pipeline offshore for the conveying of gas or petroleum. A licence is required for any pipeline offshore, whether it conveys gas or petroleum to an onshore receiving point or another offshore area.
A pipeline licensee must not cease operations without the consent of the Minister.
An environmental plan must be in force before any activity can be carried out. Furthermore, operations must stop immediately if a new or increased environmental risk is identified.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this licence, you must:
- Submit proposed pipeline management plan with application, including particulars such as design, construction, size and capacity etc;
- Provide evidence of the applicant's technical and financial capacity to construct and operate the proposed facilities;
- Include information on how the pipeline operations will not interfere with other users of the sea to a greater extent than necessary; and
- Pay the prescribed fees.
Please note that a tenement may be required.
It is an ongoing requirement of this licence that you abide by any conditions or obligations issued by the Agency, such as approval of Diving Project Plans and Safety Management Systems.
You must submit:
- Six-monthly reports (Cathodic Protection Survey Reports), within 30 days after the end of each half year ending the last day of June and December;
- Annual reports, within 30 days after each anniversary date;
- Two-yearly coating survey report, within thirty days after each anniversary date; and
- Five-yearly metal loss survey report (Intelligent Pigging), within thirty days after each anniversary date.
All tenements issued under the Act can be varied and transferred to another party with the approval of the Minister. With the approval of the Minister, dealings (agreements assigning interests to other parties and creating agreements) are also registered against tenements.
This licence remains in force indefinitely but it expires if there has been no operations for 5 years.
Fees for 2016-17.
|Variation||$7,500.00||Fees for 2016-17.
Application for an Offshore Pipeline Licence - Please contact the responsible agency for application forms and registration details.
Please submit four copies of the application for this licence to the Authority.
Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources
Energy and Earth Resources
Offshore Petroleum and Greenhouse Gas Storage Act 2010 (Victoria)
Offshore Petroleum and Greenhouse Gas Storage Regulations 2011 (Victoria)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon