You will require this licence if you are employed in a casino and intend to work in a prescribed capacity or perform prescribed duties. This includes in a managerial capacity, decision making capacity that may regulate casino operations, or in any capacity relating to the following activities:
- conduct of gaming or approved betting competitions
- movement of money or chips about the casino
- exchange of money or chips to patrons in the casino
- counting of money or chips in the casino
- security and surveillance of the casino
- operation, maintenance, construction, or repair of gaming equipment or totalisators
- supervision of any of these activities
- any other activity relating to the operations in the casino as specified by the Agency.
There are two categories of special employees:
- Category A: Managerial or decision making employee
- Category B: Any other role within a Casino.
A person that holds a current a Gaming Industry Employee's Licence may apply for this licence.
Please consult the responsible agency for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this licence, you must:
- apply using the prescribed form
- be 18 years of age or over
- submit to a security and fingerprint test
- provide evidence that you have been employed by or have been offered employment at a Casino
- provide any information or documentation required by the Agency
- pay the prescribed fee.
Please consult the responsible agency for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
All applications for this licence must be fully investigated by the Agency before the licence may be issued. A provisional licence may be issued pending the completion of an investigation. There are numerous requirements associated with this licence including:
- undertaking training courses relating to the playing of games, the conduct of games and approved betting competitions and associated activities in connection with casino operations
- undertaking training courses associated with gaming machines and refresher courses every 3 years.
You must also comply with all conditions imposed upon the licence by the Agency.
Licence remains in force, unless cancelled, surrendered, or the expiration of 10 years after the end of the month in which the licence was granted.
Gaming Industry Employee. Fees for 2016-17.
Fees for 2016-17.
|Renewal||$47.40||Fees for 2016-17.
|Miscellaneous||$10.72||Replacement licence. Fees for 2016-17.
|Application||$71.90||Fees for 2016-17.
Casino Special Employee Licence - Please contact the responsible agency for application forms and registration details.
Please lodge your application directly with the Agency.
Department of Justice and Regulation
Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation
Casino Control Act 1991 (Victoria)
Gambling Regulations 2015 (Victoria)
Casino Control (Licence Fees) Regulations 2005 (Victoria)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon