In-House Electrical Installing Work Licence - Western Australia

Service summary

You will require this licence if you do not hold an Electrical Contractor Licence but operate a business and intend to use your in-house employees to carry out electrical installation work on your premises.

All your employees who will be carrying out electrical work must hold an electrician's licence and be nominated on your in-house licence.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this licence you must:

  • provide details of the type of electrical worker licence held
  • provide evidence of knowledge and technical competence of the applicant / nominee
  • ensure that you, or at least one person you employ, holds a current electrician's licence and has completed the necessary components of the Electrical Contractor Training Program
  • submit any required forms
  • pay any required fees.

If you are applying as a company you must also provide details of your company registration, and if applicable your business name registration. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


As specified on the licence.



Administering agency

Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety

Act(s) name

Electricity Act 1945 (Western Australia)

Regulation(s) name

Electricity (Licensing) Regulations 1991 (Western Australia)

Contact details

Licensing Enquiries
Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety

Operating address:
Level 1, Mason Bird Building
303 Sevenoaks Street
Western Australia 6107
Mailing address:
Locked Bag 14
Cloisters Square PO
Western Australia 6850


08 6251 2000


08 6251 1902


EnergySafety Opens in a new browser window

Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.