You will require this licence if you intend to operate as or carry on a business as an unsupervised electrician undertaking electrical work. Electrical work includes conducting electrical installing work and electrical fitting work.
This licence does not authorise you to act as an electrical contractor. If you are not employed by someone who holds an electrical contractor's licence or an in-house electrical installing work licence (for example, you are a sole trader), then you will also require the appropriate one of those licences.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this licence you must:
- have successfully completed an apprenticeship, or a course or skills training programme approved by the Electrical Licensing Board, or a VET course
- satisfy the Board that you have the required experience and / or training for the type of work to be carried out under the licence
- have passed all examinations or have been exempted by the Board from the requirement of passing any examinations
- satisfy the Board that you have been assessed as satisfactory in relation to safety issues
- satisfy the Board that you are a fit and proper person to hold this licence
- complete the required forms
- pay the prescribed fees.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
As specified on the licence but not longer than five years.
Department of Commerce
Electricity Act 1945 (Western Australia)
Electricity (Licensing) Regulations 1991 (Western Australia)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon