You will require this licence if you intend to operate a shooting gallery in Western Australia. Air rifles up to .22 calibre may be used at your shooting gallery.
Your shooting range must comply with the Western Australian Police Standards of Approval. Your application must include:
- The application form;
- Plans of your range;
- Photographs of your range;
- Plans of locality, showing the site of your range;
- Evidence of ownership, lease, or authority to use the site of the range;
- A letter from the Council demonstrating there are no objections to the use of the site for shooting;
- A copy of your Range Orders;
- A copy of your public liability insurance policy;
- A copy of the letter of authority, if firing rights over private or state owned property is involved; and
- If outdoors and not fully baffled, a range danger area template.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible to apply for a shooting gallery licence you must:
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Provide a 100 point proof of identification;
- Obtain a firearms awareness certificate; and
- Be a fit and proper person to hold a firearms licence.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
Your application must be sent to: The Manager,
Police Licensing Services,
- 97 Hay Street
Police Licensing Services
Firearms Act 1973 (Western Australia)
Firearms Regulations 1974 (Western Australia)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon