You will require this licence if you intend to serve alcohol from a premises that is not covered by any other type of liquor licence. You can apply for this licence if you operate any of the following types of businesses:
- Amusement venue
- Bed and breakfast facility
- Online wine sales
- Reception or function centre
- Room service restaurant
- Sports arena
- Theatre or cinema
- Vocational education and training course
- Vocational education and training institution
- Works canteen.
Applications for this licence may be made as:
- An individual person
- A director representing a company
- Two or more individual persons or companies jointly
- An association.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this licence you must:
- Demonstrate that the application is in the public interest, having regard to the likely health and social impacts on the community and sub-groups within the community
- Lodge a written submission demonstrating how the business for which the licence is sought meets the prescribed purposes for which a special facility licence may be granted
- Demonstrate that no other class of licence is adequate
- Be a fit and proper person
- Submit the required forms
- Pay the prescribed fees.
For a full list of items that must be submitted with your application please see the attached documents. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
Indefinite subject to retaining the same premises and paying the annual licence fee.
Other fees may apply, including probity fee for each individual.
For the initial application, the licence fee is charged at a pro-rata rate.
Department of Racing, Gaming and Liquor
Liquor Control Act 1988 (Western Australia)
Liquor Control Regulations 1989 (Western Australia)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon