Commercial Operations Licence - Western Australia

Service summary

You will require this licence if you intend to conduct any commercial or education activity (for profit) on land or water managed by the Department. Areas managed by Department include nature reserves, National Parks, Conservation Parks, Marine Parks, State Forests and timber reserves. Examples of the types of operations that require this licence include:

  • vehicle tours or safaris
  • guided walks
  • charter tours
  • commercial fishing
  • adventure operations such as canoeing and rock climbing
  • minor facilities and services such as food vending
  • corporate or commercial training.

There are two classes of licence available. Most commercial operations are eligible for a Class T licence, and anyone can apply. Class E licences are required where there are environmental, management, safety or access reasons why the number of licences must be limited. These are usually allocated via a competitive expression of interest process.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this licence you must:

  • specify the goods or service you intend to sell or provide, or the activity you intend to undertake
  • specify the places where you propose to operate
  • have a minimum of $10 million in public liability insurance
  • provide any other information required by the Agency
  • complete the relevant application form
  • pay any required fees.

If you intend to provide tourism services, you may need an additional accreditation. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


As specified on licence (up to ten years).



Licence fees range from $136 to $4000 depending on licence duration.


Administering agency

Department of Biosecurity, Conservation and Attractions
Parks and Wildlife Service

Act(s) name

Conservation and Land Management Act 1984 (Western Australia)

Regulation(s) name

Conservation and Land Management Regulations 2002 (Western Australia)

Contact details

Commercial Operations Licensing
Department of Biosecurity, Conservation and Attractions
Parks and Wildlife Service

Operating address:
Technology Park, Western Precinct
17 Dick Perry Avenue
Kensington, Western Australia 6151
Mailing address:
Bentley DC, Western Australia 6983


08 9219 9978

Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.