Registration as an Agent - Western Australia

Service summary

You will require this registration if you intend to represent parties in proceedings before a workers' compensation arbitrator. Registration is available as:

  • an employee or officer of an organisation
  • an officer of an association of employers or employees
  • a person employed by an insurer or self-insurer
  • a person (other than a legal practitioner) employed by a legal practitioner or practice
  • another person authorised in current legislation.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this registration you must:

  • have sufficient Professional Indemnity Insurance
  • complete the required forms.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.



Up to 12 months.


Registration expires on 30 June each year.



Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.

Other resources

Administering agency

WorkCover Western Australia

Act(s) name

Workers' Compensation and Injury Management Act 1981 (Western Australia)

Regulation(s) name

Workers' Compensation and Injury Management Regulations 1982 (Western Australia)

Contact details

WorkCover Western Australia

Operating address:
2 Bedbrook Place
Shenton Park
Western Australia 6008


1300 794 744


08 9388 5555


08 9388 5550

Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.