You may be required to comply with this code if you intend to operate a cemetery or crematorium. The code establishes standards and restrictions for the general operation of cemeteries and crematoria in areas such as the:
- Maintenance of the grounds in a safe, clean and orderly condition
- Storage of application records
- Procedure for multiple burials in a grave or burial site
- Operator, and their employees, not interfering with religious ceremonies
- Rights of the head of recognised religious denominations and their ability to access an area of a cemetery dedicated to their denomination
- Standards coffins must adhere to in order to be suitable for the burial of human remains.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.