You will be required to comply with these standards if you intend to be a veterinary practitioner in the Australian Capital Territory. The standards cover the standard of practice required for a veterinary practitioner to be competent to practise or to help improve his or her suitability to practise. The standards cover:
- veterinary practitioners code of professional conduct
- premises standards
- continuing professional development
- management of psychotropic drugs
- management of clinical records
- currency of practice requirements for registration
- anaesthesia protocol
- bank reduction policy
- conflict of interest
- strategic plan.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.