You will be required to comply with these standards if you intend to be a veterinary surgeon in the Australian Capital Territory. The standards cover the standard of practice required for a veterinary surgeon to be competent to practise or to help improve his or her suitability to practise. The standards cover:
- veterinary surgeons code of conduct
- continuing professional development
- management of psychotropic drugs
- documents to be on hand at a veterinary practice
- management of clinical records
- recency of practice requirements for registration
- anaesthesia protocol
- veterinary premises
- scope of practice for veterinary surgeons
- conditional registration - non-practising.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.