You will need to comply with this Australian Design Rule if you operate any of the following vehicles:
- A bus built after 1987 with a gross vehicle mass (GVM) of more than 14.5 tonnes.
- A prime mover built after 1987 with a GVM of more than 15 tonnes.
The maximum speed that you are allowed to drive these vehicles is 100 kilometres per hour (100km/h).
This rule does not apply to:
- an emergency or police vehicle
- a bus fitted with hand grips or similar equipment for standing passengers
- a two axle prime mover that was built after 1987 but before July 1991 and is used for agriculture, horticulture or other primary production activities (excluding forestry, fishing and mining).
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.