You will need to comply with this Australian Design Rule if you operate any of the following vehicles:
- a bus built after 1987 with a gross vehicle mass (GVM) of more than 14.5 tonnes
- a prime mover built after 1987 with a GVM of more than 15 tonnes.
The maximum speed that you are allowed to drive these vehicles is 100 kilometres per hour (100km/h).
This rule does not apply to:
- an emergency or police vehicle
- a bus fitted with hand grips or similar equipment for standing passengers
- a two axle prime mover that was built after 1987 but before July 1991 and is used for agriculture, horticulture or other primary production activities (excluding forestry, fishing and mining).