To be eligible for this licence you must:
- submit an application form
- provide genuine reasons for possessing a firearms licence
- be aged 18 years or over
- be judged to be a fit and proper person by the Agency
- be able to prove your identity through a system similar to the criteria for opening a bank account or applying for a passport
- provide copies of a birth certificate and/or other documentation
- meet secure home storage and safety requirements
- be a resident of the Australian Capital Territory as evidenced by a recent rates notice, telephone or electricity account, a lease agreement, a copy of business registration, or a letter from an employer
- provide any other document as required by the Agency
- pay all relevant application fees.
If you are applying for a licence for the first time, you must undertake a firearms training and safety course that is compliant with the firearms standards. These courses are available through various clubs and authorised firearms instructors.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.