Approval for Activities Relating to a Diseased Animal - Australian Capital Territory


If you are the owner or in charge of an infected or diseased animal, you will need written approval to conduct any of the following activities:

  • Sell the animal
  • Move the animal from one premises to another
  • Intentionally abandon the animal or allow the animal to stray
  • Hide the animal
  • Leave an infected carcass on a road or creek or destroy it
  • Damage, interfere with or remove a fence of other structure securing the animal.

Please use the contact details below to find out more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult with the Contact Officer for information on any eligibility requirements.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.


Act(s) name

Animal Diseases Act 2005 Australian Capital Territory

Regulation(s) name

Animal Diseases Regulation 2006 Australian Capital Territory

Administering agency

Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate

Parks and Territory Services Division

City Services

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.