Approval for Works on / or Using Public Unleased Land - Australian Capital Territory


You will need this approval if you intend to undertake works on or occupy unleased public land. For the purpose of this approval, work on public lands includes:

  • interfering with Territory property
  • construction work.

It should be noted that your nature strip is considered territory property. While it is your responsibility to undertake simple maintenance tasks associated with your nature strip, such as mowing the grass, you will need to apply for approval for any intended construction work that will have an impact on the nature strip.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Applications must be submitted fourteen working days prior to commencement of works.

If your works interfere with Territory property, you will need an authorised temporary traffic management plan prior to works commencing.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fee information is in the attached fee resource.

Other resources

Act(s) name

Public Unleased Land Act 2013 Australian Capital Territory

Approval time

28 days minimum

Administering agency

Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate

Parks and Territory Services Division

City Services

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.