Approval to Use a Closed Road - Australian Capital Territory


You will need this approval if you intend to use or undertake works or excavation that causes a disruption within a road reserve. A road reserve must be closed before you are permitted to use it or undertake works or excavation.

This approval extends to include roads, car parks, cycle paths and footpaths.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this approval you must:

  • submit an application fourteen working days prior to commencement of works
  • provide proof of appropriate insurance and management plans.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All $65.35

Fees for 2023-24

Act(s) name

Public Unleased Land Act 2013 Australian Capital Territory

Administering agency

Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.