You must comply with this standard if you undertake, or intend to undertake, field testing and maintenance of backflow prevention devices.
This standard specifies requirements for field testing and maintenance of the following backflow prevention devices:
- registered break tank
- registered air gap
- pressure-type vacuum-breaker
- spill resistant pressure vacuum-breaker
- reduce-pressure-zone device
- double check valve
- reduced-pressure-detector assembly
- double check detector assembly
- single check valve (testable)
- single check detector assembly (testable)
- atmospheric vacuum breakers.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.