You must comply with this standard if you undertake, or intend to undertake, the manufacture of backflow prevention devices.
This standard specifies the requirements for the materials, design, performance and testing of mechanical backflow prevention devices used for the protection of water supplies. Types of devices that are subject to this standard include:
- Atmospheric vacuum breakers;
- Dual check valves;
- Pressure-type vacuum breakers;
- Double check valves;
- Reduced pressure zone devices;
- Pipe interrupter devices; and
- Single check detector assemblies.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.