You must comply with this standard if you are an electrician and you undertake electrical installations or electrical wiring work. The standard outlines testing procedures and inspection guidelines to ensure that an electrical installation complies with the requirements for:
- The prevention of fires; and
- Preventing a person or livestock from receiving an electric shock.
It includes tests for:
- Earth continuity;
- Insulation resistance;
- Polarity and incorrect circuit connections;
- Fault-loop impedance; and
- Operation of residual current devices.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.