To be eligible for this licence you must:
- have acquired the knowledge and skills of relevant asbestos assessment and the asbestos removal industry practice
- hold certification to 'Conduct asbestos assessment associated with removal'
- hold a tertiary qualification in occupational health and safety, industrial hygiene, science, building construction or environmental health.
An applicant for an asbestos assessor licence must be an individual. A corporation may not apply to be licensed as an asbestos assessor. You must also provide a declaration that states whether you have been convicted or found guilty of an offence in areas including:
- work health and safety (WHS)
- construction licensing
- disposal of hazardous waste.