You must comply with this standard if you intend to manufacture backflow prevention devices.
This standard specifies requirements for the materials, design, performance and testing of mechanical backflow prevention devices that are used for the protection of water supplies.This standard covers backflow prevention devices classified as PN 10, PN 12 or PN 16, of the following types:
- atmospheric vacuum breaker
- hose connection vacuum breaker
- dual check valve with atmospheric port
- dual check valve
- dual check valve with intermediate vent
- pressure-type vacuum breaker
- double check valve
- double check detector assembly
- reduced pressure zone device
- reduced pressure detector assembly
- spill-resistant pressure vacuum breaker
- beverage dispenser dual check valve with atmospheric port
- pipe interrupter device
- single check valve (testable)
- single check detector assembly testable.
Unless otherwise specified, the nominal size of a device is determined by the inlet connection.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.