You must comply with this standard if you are involved in construction, maintenance or demolition of a building or structure. The standard provides information and establishes requirements for:
- hearing protection of persons on site
- investigation and identification of noise sources
- neighbourhood nuisance
- measurement of sound
- assessment and control of noise at source and its spread
- estimation of noise from sites
- a-weighted levels of neighbourhood noise
- sound levels from construction
- maintenance and demolition plants
- remedies and their effectiveness according to machine and source of noise
- use of acoustic screens and enclosures.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.