You must comply with this standard if you are involved in construction, maintenance or demolition of a building or structure. The standard provides information and establishes requirements for:
- Hearing protection of persons on site;
- Investigation and identification of noise sources;
- Neighbourhood nuisance;
- Measurement of sound;
- Assessment and control of noise at source and its spread;
- Estimation of noise from sites;
- A-weighted levels of neighbourhood noise;
- Sound levels from construction;
- Maintenance and demolition plants;
- Remedies and their effectiveness according to machine and source of noise; and
- Use of acoustic screens and enclosures.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.