Blasting Permit - Australian Capital Territory


You will need this permit if you intend to have a licensed shot-firer undertake a blasting operation on your business premises or on land that you control and are developing. As the permit holder, you are responsible for:

  • the handling of the explosives for the operation
  • the premises where the operation takes place
  • any associated plant or system
  • any associated activity.

Other authorisations may be relevant to your application, such as for a demolition.

Please use the contact details below to find out more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this permit you must:

  • be a suitable person who has demonstrated qualifications or equivalent practical experience
  • apply to the appropriate authority outlining personal details, a description of your safety management system, documentation of engineering and similar reports.

Restrictions and conditions may apply to the authorisation of this permit.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


Might Need

Shotfirer's Permit


1 to 3 years


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All $1604.00

Fees for 2021-22


Act(s) name

Dangerous Substances Act 2004 Australian Capital Territory

Regulation(s) name

Dangerous Substances (Explosives) Regulation 2004 Australian Capital Territory

Lodgement process


Please submit your application and any associated documentation directly to the Agency.

Administering agency

Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate

Access Canberra

WorkSafe ACT

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.