You may need to comply with this code if you intend to operate a cemetery or crematorium. The code establishes standards and restrictions for the general operation of cemeteries and crematoria in areas such as the:
- maintenance of the grounds in a safe, clean and orderly condition
- storage of application records
- procedure for multiple burials in a grave or burial site
- operator, and their employees, not interfering with religious ceremonies
- rights of the head of recognised religious denominations and their ability to access an area of a cemetery dedicated to their denomination
- standards coffins must adhere to in order to be suitable for the burial of human remains.