You will be required to comply with this code if you intend to manage and farm deer. The code is intended as a guide for persons responsible for the welfare and husbandry of farmed deer and includes requirements regarding the:
- provision of enough food and water to sustain good health
- protection from extremes of climate
- protection from predators
- provision of appropriate management to establish a herd social hierarchy
- protection from disease, injury and pain.
This code should be read together with other endorsed codes of practice for animal welfare.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.