You will be required to comply with this code if you are a registered teacher in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). The purpose of the code is to:
- guide teacher practice and conduct
- affirm the public accountability of teachers
- promote confidence in the teaching profession.
The code also details the principles that you must demonstrate in your professional practice, these include:
- personal and professional integrity
- respect for others
- acceptance of responsibility for their contribution to teaching.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.