Building Assessor Licensing - Australian Capital Territory


You will need this licence if you intend to provide energy assessment services as a building assessor. There are two classes of licence for building assessors:

  • Class A assessors, who can undertake assessments of new building plans or an existing building
  • Class B assessors, who can only perform assessments of new building plans.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for a building assessor licence you must:

  • hold and provide evidence for an applicable insurance policy
  • have sufficient financial resources
  • have the applicable qualifications for your class of licence.
In addition to the general requirements, you must comply with the individual conditions and requirement for your class of licence.

If you hold a current equivalent licence in another Australian State or Territory, you may be eligible to apply for this registration under mutual recognition arrangements.


Up to 1 year.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees are listed on the attached document.


Act(s) name

Construction Occupations (Licensing) Act 2004 Australian Capital Territory

Regulation(s) name

Construction Occupations (Licensing) Regulation 2004 Australian Capital Territory

Administering agency

Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate

Access Canberra

Land, Planning and Building

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.